Thursday, October 22, 2009

Video Gaming Addicts Anonomous

Whether you accept it or not, video gaming has become addicting to some people. Whoever created World of Warcraft probably sold crack before venturing into the gaming industry, it is that addictive.

Adam was way in over his head with games. When we first started dating, I was a freshman in college while he was a sophomore. He was tall, 6'5 to be exact. He worked out everyday, abs like a washboard, arms like... I don't know, but they were sexy. Curly brown hair, deep brown eyes. He made a smirk that showed you although he was all man, he wouldn't hurt a fly.

He even baby talked to me. I hated it until I liked it. I started baby talking back... oh goodness.

Adam was an all around good guy with a positive attitude and more friends than anyone I knew. His closest guy friend were obsessed with Ghost Recon. What is Ghost Recon, you say? The equivalent to marijuana, the gateway drug. Now, Ghost Recon started about 2 weeks into our relationship. The average time spent on this game was 3 hours. I decided to occupy this time by shopping or doing my own thing because it was his guy time. I didn't want to intrude. The game's addiction last about 3 months. When the guys decided to take the next step, Halo (cocaine), was their choice. The time spent on Halo increased from 3 hours to 4 hours to 5 hours over the next 6 months. So we have Adam the sophomore taking 12 hours of school, working out for 2 hours in a day, working as a waiter at a local restaurant 4 hours a day. Total time of all these things per day... 6 hours. I am no genius at math but I know enough to say that 11 hours in a day was taken up on all his activities leaving 4 hours of free time after including sleeping and showering. There 4 hours were often times in 30 minute increments. So... I managed. I bought a computer game to play while he did his thing... I played on facebook... I invited friends over to make fun of the 4 guys all in the same room playing the same video game, yet they still needed their headsets to communicate.

When Halo became tiresome, the boys got antsy. It was time to push the limits of their addiction. Next, World of Warcraft... the crack of the video gaming industry.


This is what happened.

Playing World of Warcraft took up all of the free time Adam had. It also started affecting his
GPA. We had a pretty healthy sex life until this point. The 30 minutes of free time here and there were perfect just for playing around. When World of Warcraft carried its stank ass into that apartment, sex was gone for good. Not even taking my clothes off and straddling him on the computer chair works.

We fought for almost a year over a fucking game... all the while him and his friends become so addicted, one got fired from his job for playing on the clock while another one quit his job to stay home and play that damn game.

Adam didn't let it affect his job or his working out, however... just his sex life and school work... you know, the things that DON'T matter.

The time came that I had to give up. So, I did.

2 weeks later, I get a knock on my door.

Its Adam. He came over to tell me he quit crack of warcraft. I cried and cried and cried. I couldn't believe it. He did that, for me!

So, I started talking things out with him.

Then I realized, it wasn't for me... it was for some girl he started talking to a week after we broke up. He was too embarrassed to play around her.

I could have killed a man... right then and there.

Also, the girl he dated after me broke up with him after 2 years of dealing with his recurring addiction.

I received a call from an unknown number... it was his ex!

Apparently, he met a girl on World of Warcraft... they can now act out their wildest fantasies via computer. Whatever!

So, in celebration of his award winning jackassness and some much needed rehab, we mayonnaised his car.

Kisses,

***Your Ex Girlfriend***

No comments:

Post a Comment